Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Gabriel turns two...Mod Monkey Style!

Meet the "Mod Monkey"!!!
This was my second attempt at a fondant cake. My little guy was turning two and I knew it had to be a great cake! He LOVED it. I just chose the plates and things and then used them to match my colors and design! I freehanded the monkey face...not much of an artist but I gotta say...I did a pretty good job on this one! I was almost a little impressed with myself!


This cake would not have been complete without a banana to go with the monkey. It took some convincing that it wasn't real! I made it out of pure fondant and I painted it with gel food coloring. Not bad, right?

It was an awesome day, terrific party, and a pretty fantastic cake!

Next, a cake for my wonderful, precious, softball playin', basketball lovin' Niece! It's gonna have to be great! Can't wait to see what I come up with! Hmmmm...where to begin.....

No comments:

Post a Comment