Sunday, May 1, 2011

Harley Davidson Birthday Cake

Head out on the highway!!! Cokie is turning 50 and his precious wife asked me to make a cake for him with a Harley-Davidson theme. This one was a doozie. It took me quite a while to cover the small cake and make it look half way decent. I used a purchased fondant for the first time because I was making it on a school night and had work the next morning...never again! It was horrible. And can I just say the fondant was NOT cheap. It was a brand made by the head guy (you know his name) from Charmed City Cakes. YUCK! It was so difficult to work with and it just looked horrible. I made the best of it and what you see is what you get! It was an odd attempt at recovery. A Harley in the grass??? Oh well...still looks pretty good... : )

Happy Birthday Cokie Brownlee!!!


1 comment:

  1. What a cool cake. Are you a professional cake baker now? If not, you should be.

    What is fondant?

    MF

    ReplyDelete